The Swedish Royal Court has today released details about the Christening of Prince Oscar of Sweden, Duke of Skåne, the son of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. Prince Oscar is the fourth grandchild of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia, and is third in the line of succession to the Swedish throne.
The christening will be held tomorrow, May 27, 2016, in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel have chosen the following godparents for their son:
- HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark
- HRH The Crown Princess of Norway
- HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden
- Mr. Oscar Magnuson, a cousin of Crown Princess Victoria
- Mr. Hans Åström, a cousin of Prince Daniel
The Crown Prince couples of Denmark and Norway will be the only foreign royalty in attendance.
In conjunction with the christening, the Royal Court also issued Prince Oscar’s coat of arms and monogram.